You may place a service request by phone or online via Service Desk . It is important to place a work order rather than walk-up, email or call an IT support analyst directly. This ensures that all work is properly distributed and resolved in a timely manner.
When a request is submitted online, it is routed directly to the SOMTech queue. Work orders are generally processed in the order received with the exception of new computer installations and emergency requests. SOMTech has escalation procedures in place to handle emergency requests.
To submit an online service request:
- Go to the Service Desk Request webpage. Enter your eID and password when prompted. If you don’t know your eID, use the VCU eID Finder or contact the Help Desk at (804) 828-2227.
- Click "School of Medicine" under the Home tab
- Click "Submit a Service Request" for the group you wish to assign your request
For more details on submitting an online ticket, please review this documentation:
- Detailed SOMTech instructions
- HelpIT Center Instructions are available after log-on to Service Desk (upper-right corner of webpage)
Place a service request to the VCU Help Desk at (804) 828-2227. Please ask the Help Desk representative to route your request to the SOMTech group.