Standard computer software
This is the software which is included with every SOMTech-imaged computer distributed in the School of Medicine environment.
- Microsoft Office
- Professional/Enterprise version including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, & OneNote
- Software which encrypts laptop and USB drives to protect from data breaches.
- Rights escalation software which assists users in installing white listed software packages.
- Management software which provides inventory, remote access, and patching for SOM computers.
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Protects devices from virus and other malware infections
- Another alternative web browser
- Adobe Reader
- Allows PCs to display PDF files
- Connect (hospital virtual desktop)
- Allows users access to a hospital desktop to use hospital applications in a protected virtual environment
- Hospital application for accessing patient scheduling and data
- Warning application which alerts users to University Alerts
- VCU Safety
- Web application to report a concern about distress
Back to top