Using telephone lines for audio-only conferences
There are two frequent questions we hear when asked about teleconferencing:
- How do I get four or more parties involved in a phone conversation?
- How can a group of people in one location participate in a call?
Two or three participants
Your Avaya desktop phone conferences up to three parties, including yourself, on a call. From the Avaya User Guide:
To add another party to a call:
- When you hear a dial tone, dial the number of the person you want to add to the call.
- Wait for an answer.
- To add the person to the call, press again.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for additional conference connections.
Four or more parties
The best option for creating large conferences is to use an audio conferencing service. VCU Technology Services can help you create an account to use the Virginia Information Technologies Agency’s reservation-less conferencing service .
Large group in one location
In order for a group of people to participate at one location in a call, a conference phone like this ClearOne audio conference phone can be used.
With built-in microphones and speakers, this device can be placed on a table, enabling a roomful of participants to hear and speak comfortably.
VCU Media Support Services has several of these devices available for loan.
For more information about SOM conferencing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.