The School of Medicine’s digital signage screens share information aimed at students, staff and faculty. The screens display messages about upcoming events such as student activities, research seminars, faculty development opportunities and departmental grand rounds. The screens are also tied to the VCU Alert emergency notification system.
Screen locations (*)
- McGlothlin Medical Education Center
- Sanger Hall
- Kontos Medical Sciences Building
- Molecular Medicine Research Building
- Goodwin Research Lab
Messages generally run on the monitors for at least five days. Each message is displayed for 45 seconds. The length of the message rotation cycle depends on the number of messages in the system.
How to submit information to be included for display:
- Simple 5-line text messages can be created by SOMTech with basic who, what, when and where information for the event. Submit that information to email@example.com at least two days before you would like the message displayed.
- Pre-produced graphic images in JPG format can be imported for display. These images should be 823 pixels wide x 512 pixels high. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two days before you would like the message displayed.
- High quality graphic images can be created by VCU’s Technology Support Services group within the central VCU Technology Services unit. To submit a digital signage request, click the Submit a new Slide / Content request button.
For signage examples and to learn more about VCU’s digital signage system click here.
If you have questions or special needs regarding SOM digital signage announcements, please contact email@example.com.
* Other schools and departments manage their own digital signage screens. In order to request announcements on those screens, please submit a help ticket using the Submit a new Slide / Content request button.