How to: Acquire a SOM loaner laptop
Laptops are available for School of Medicine (SOM) students for exams or classroom use on a first come first serve basis. A SOM laptop loan is for temporary replacement of a broken or lost laptop only. All SOM students are required to maintain their own personal laptop for school use.
Loaner laptops may be used for:
- An exam. Equipment must be immediately returned after the exam.
- Classroom sessions. Check out of a loaner laptop for classroom use is for one day only.
To check out a SOM loaner laptop for classroom use:
- Bring your VCU ID card with you to the SOM Curriculum Office on the fourth floor of the McGlothlin Medical Education Center.
- Curriculum will hold your VCU ID card for the duration of your laptop loan.
- You must turn in your loaner laptop by close of business each day of use.
To checkout a SOM loaner laptop for an exam:
For further questions regarding loaner laptops please contact the SOM Curriculum Office,